Next week we will begin running a very special new series entitled “Public Safety Voices.” Our goal in creating this series is two-fold: (1) to bring together the public safety community – law enforcement, fire, emergency communications and corrections – through your shared challenges, experiences and goals; and (2) to illuminate the good work, heroism and humanity of our public safety workforce.
The entries will be relatively short – think of it in terms of Humans of New York for public safety professionals – and will come from interviews with public safety professionals all over the country and from coast to coast.
So please check back with us next Tuesday when we’ll bring you the first entry in this exciting new series!
In case you haven’t heard we now have a replacement test for the retired PO-EL 203-NC test. This new test, the PO-EL 204-NC, is an exact replica of the old test and can be utilized in the same exact way.
The new test assesses critical abilities of an entry-level police officer candidate. Criterion-related validation studies show that this test effectively predicts performance in both the police academy and on the job. No prior police training or experience is assumed.
The test is still 100 items, with a 1 hour 45 minutes time limit (plus 25 minutes for the Test Information Packet). It also features the same content areas:
|PO-EL 204-NC (TIP) Test
||Number of Items
|Observation & Memory (Wanted Posters)
|Ability to Learn Police Material
|Police Interest Questionnaire (Non-Cognitive)
|Situational Judgment, Problem Solving &
Remember you must be a TSA Signer in order to request a FREE inspection copy or order a test.
After over a year of development, we are excited to announce the launch of our new Police Officer Structured Interview System, or POSIS for short!
POSIS is a comprehensive product that can provide your agency with a high quality assessment tool. The POSIS system provides everything you need to:
Plan a successful and timely oral interview process.
Train panel members on the structure, questions and rating guidelines of the system.
Assess candidates on a variety of documented KSAPS, including personal experience, problem solving and thinking under pressure.
In order to Plan, Train and Assess your police officer candidates, POSIS includes the following manuals and booklets to make implementing the system as simple as possible:
- Administrator’s Manual: Provides an overview of the POSIS and its materials, as well as details on how to plan, administer and score the process.
- Panelist Trainer’s Manual & PowerPoint with Videos: Guides your designated trainer in efficiently preparing your panelists, the individuals who will observe and rate your police officer candidates. The PowerPoint presentation includes video vignettes simulating candidates as they answer each oral interview question. This provides your panelists with a valuable opportunity to learn the POSIS system and practice rating candidate responses before they see actual candidates.
- Panelist Booklet: Used by your panelists while rating applicants. The oral interview questions are within, plus rating scales and benchmarks to take into consideration during scoring. Instructions also include information on how to administer a fair, reliable, accurate and defensible oral examination.
- Score sheets: Used by your panelists for scoring each individual candidate, with space to take notes on candidate responses to each question.
- Sample Forms: A number of premade forms and documents, some optional and some necessary for running the process.
Our goal with POSIS is to provide law enforcement agencies with a complete solution for conducting structured and defensible oral interviews. Everything you need is included!
POSIS is available in two versions: Form A and Form B. Each version includes seven oral interview questions for candidates to respond to and four of those questions are unique to each version. POSIS costs $975 plus $11 per candidate going through the system.
More information about POSIS is available with a free inspection copy, which goes into more detail on the many parts of the product and provides a summary of each question asked on the two forms. A Technical Report detailing the development of POSIS is also included. To request an Inspection Copy please call 1-800-381-TEST or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have additional questions about this product please check out the POSIS FAQ.
As a result of ongoing feedback and our commitment to making sure our tests are the absolute best they can be, we’ve made some minor updates to PSUP series tests. Because of these changes, the names of the tests have been updated as follows:
All links to the 200 series tests will be updated to the 300 series once available.
Changes to each test are as follows:
- PSUP 301 updates four questions from PSUP 201.
- PSUP 302 updates three questions from PSUP 202.
- PSUP 303 updates two questions from PSUP 203.
It is important to note that all replacement questions were written to assess the same content areas as the original questions and are supported by the books on the current reading list. Continue reading